WELCOME .....come on in and let's chat awhile .
That is just fairy dust falling. Just knock the dust off of your shoes and come on in !

Wednesday, April 29

I've been in the garden .............


I don't know who this is, but wouldn't you hate to have to turn a garden this way ! ! I have been working in my garden the last few days. Doing more raking. I can't stand the big clumps in it. Boy, before this is over somebody might have to plant me in there somewhere with the veggies ! Thank goodness we have a tiller.

I sure hope my veggies grow this pretty.

Isn't this a gorgeous garden plot ? I hope I can keep mine looking this nice . I don't do very well in the very hot heat. I will have to get out there to work when it is cool, early in the mornings . As I planted my seed I prayed for the Lord to bless and help each one grow.When I finished planting the seed I ask the Lord if he could send a gentle rain upon them . And guess what ? ? I wasn't through 30 minutes and it came a gentle shower for about 40 minutes ! Isn't God good !

I planted 18 tomatoe plants. If only half of them survive I will have plenty of tomatoes. I LOVE fried green tomatoes !

While I was browsing through the pics for this post, I found this one. I loved how they used the old rakes, so cute !

19 comments:

Allidink said...

How cute! That is a pretty little garden :)

All the best,
Allison

Stacey said...

Hi Theresa! I bet your hard work will be worth it. You are going to be covered up in tomatoes. Yum!

DayPhoto said...

I have been wondering and wondering how your roses are doing.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

krystyna said...

Hi Theresa!
It is a great idea to have own vegetables and flowers. I have a very little yard, and I like my little garden. Now I have greens: perslay, anion, garlic, chives, basil, lettuce, mint, marjoram, rosemary. And only one flower - fuchsia.
Your pics are inspiring.

Good luck and take care!

Janet said...

Hi Theresa, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours! I read the whole thing! I especially love your cardinal china. I am going to get some pictures on my blog of the cardinals feeding at my window soon. So happy that Sherry hooked us up.
Janet :)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Theresa dear! I apologize for been away for so long! I've been very busy with my sis spending about 45 days at our home... and now I just to work on some chairs makeover...
Thanks for stopping by!! Love, Vanessa

Judy said...

I hope your garden is as beautiful as the picture too!! I'm sure it will be after all your hard work.

Nanette said...

I think your garden will turn out wonderful, you are putting so much love into it! Hopefully once all this initial stuff is done it won't be quite as hard to keep up with it when it gets really hot.
Valerie

MARIA said...

I like what you said - "As I planted my seed I prayed for the Lord to bless and help each one grow".

God bless you and your garden!

Diane said...

Sweet Theresa, if your tomatoes do well, you will have enough tomatoes for your entire county, maybe the neighboring one as well! I pray it all does well and you have a most bountiful harvest!

Many hugs...........

Diane

jeanne said...

Good morning Theresa, I hope your hubby is helping you with that garden. My dad always grew a garden and we loved the food that grew there. It was so much work I am afraid to even try such a thing. I did plant some container tomatoes and they did great.

How are your roses doing girl? I want to see them and I hope they are thriving after all your hard work and tick mess. LOL.

Thanks for your visit yesterday. I love flowers so much.

Don't work too hard.

Hugs...Jeanne

SmilingSally said...

Oh, homegrown tomatoes! Yum.

Beverly said...

I'm coming over when you have tomatoes. I'll be wanting a good ole tomato sandwich. ;-)

Barb said...

Hi Theresa,

Your garden looks like it will be quite successful. God is good- he sent the rain just when you needed it.

hugs

santamaker said...

Wow, good luck with your garden. It's alot of work, but well worth it!

Rue said...

Hi Theresa :)

I want to get out there and garden myself. I'm taking a little break for about a week from blogging, so I think this would be a great time to dig in the dirt ;)

Have fun!
hugs,
rue

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

We sometimes miss our big garden at the farm and wish there was a place here for one. Nothing like those "real" tomatoes!! We tend to eat too many blt's when tomatoes are in season.

Good luck with your garden!!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a gorgeous blog! I just found you and I will be back. Just so many lovelies to look at! I am in a different home this year..starting over, again, and only bought ONE tomato plant. I am used to many so this is difficult so I will watch YOUR garden grow! :)
Have a wonderful May Day!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am with you on the fried green tomatoes. I do so like them. Have a wonderful weekend...m.