WELCOME .....come on in and let's chat awhile .
That is just fairy dust falling. Just knock the dust off of your shoes and come on in !

Wednesday, July 16

ANTIQUE ROADSHOW .....................

The Antique Roadshow came to my house today to pick up my furniture for the show this weekend . I have to be at the convention center Saturday morning at 7 am .Wow I hope my heart is beating by that time of morning. It will take me an hour just to get there . So I am thinking I better get up about 4:oo am .Holy cow !
The couch is insured from the time it leaves my house until it is returned Sunday or Monday. I have gave them permission to televise it and on their website for this area it said if I was picked to be on TV I would be taken to a room for makeup and prepping for camera. I am so-o-o-o nervous !!
The guys loading the couch told me they were in New York City day before yesterday, they had taken a load to Christie's Auction.They said driving downtown in that big truck was a nightmare.
I will let you know when to watch for it on TV. The guys today said they had heard sometimes it is a year before it is shown.

12 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am so excited for you..............you would think it was my sofa...LOL

Gill

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I am thrilled for you! Would you believe I started to comment on your surprise hours ago and Beverly called. We were reading your post together and I lost my comment. I was so excited about your settee I forgot to hit send or post whatever it is. I came back to look again and my comment wasn't there. sigh. What a day you have had. Those men sure wrapped your settee very well. Impressive!

Bridge was awful today. No cards all day. Maybe next week. I should hav stayed home and visited your post when all the action took place. Congratulations, I am very anxious to see it on the road show.

It is late so will sign off for now. Love, Jeanne

MARIA said...

Congratulations! and please, take a relax!
I wish you the best, Theresa!

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I think we were posting each other at about the same time last night. Today I am cleaning and getting ready for the grands. My dh thinks I should clean 'after' they leave. He has a point.:) However, the wedding for my son is a week from Sat. All the grands will still be here and the small reception will be in our home. You know what that means, 'baseboard' cleaning. That was my mom's term for 'deep' cleaning.

Boy, am I long winded.

Love, Jeanne

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

Theresa, how exciting to be on the Roadshow, one of my favorite programs! Can't wait to hear about your time there and can't wait to see the show when they televise it!

Jan

Joyce's Journey said...

Theresa! How cool that you will be on Roadshow! That is just wonderful and so exciting. I can't wait to hear more about it. Keep us posted!!

Eleanor said...

I was wondering when the big event was. Weren't you just a little nervous when the men took your treasure away? Wish I could see the programme! Thanks for all the visits. I am waiting to go to the airport and what better way to spend the time than catch up with all my dear blogging friends. Eleanor

krystyna said...

Wow Theresa, I understand your feeling! I'm with you today!
Have a blessing time! I'll wait for next news.
Congratulations!

Your furniture is excellent!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

G'afternoon Theresa..(couldn't figure out how to make on comment on the coudh post...it's beautiful! How old is it? Hope you made it to the roadshow Ok! Anxious to see it on TV!
Barb

Anonymous said...

What an unusual piece of furniture and soo pretty.

a Pocket Angel said...

Theresa, Congratulations...
Oh how very exciting for you. Hope you had a wonderful time and that all went well!
Hugs & blessings ~Mary~

w00ts up said...

Theresa- Wow! What a piece! I absolutely love it!